Last post Aug 19, 2013 02:48 AM by Illeris
Aug 18, 2013 10:52 AM|AhmedHusseinITI|LINK
How can I call webservice from C# ServerSide and Can I convert the return for that webservice to Generic List ??
Aug 18, 2013 11:31 AM|AidyF|LINK
Add a service reference via the project menu, google for more info on calling web services. As for the return data, you can convert it to anything you want. How easy that is depends on the data that comes back.
Aug 18, 2013 09:35 PM|jats_ptl|LINK
Please refer the links below with discussion over the same:
Hope this helps.
Aug 18, 2013 09:44 PM|akhilrajau|LINK
read the following thread / articles
Aug 18, 2013 10:06 PM|A2H|LINK
Please refer these links
Both links have explanation with images on how to access WebSerivce in C#.
Aug 19, 2013 02:28 AM|Prakashbxr|LINK
1. go to Root directory,
2. select project name,
3. right click ,
4. select Add service Reference.
5. provide the url of your web service in the Url of open dialogue box
6. rename the namespace
7. import the namespace in your code behind file using the keyword using
8. now you can access the class file and method of your webservice with automatc some prefix/ suffix .
9. now use the generic concept as per your requirement
Aug 19, 2013 02:48 AM|Illeris|LINK
There are in fact 2 ways:
Both approaches are fine. The second one is the best/fastest solution when you want to call services from within the same layer of the same application. The webservice (asmx or wcf) layer in this case adds complexity and slows things down.