Last post Aug 27, 2013 09:44 PM by galeny
Aug 15, 2013 12:53 PM|SoundBender|LINK
Hello fellow geeks,
I recently inhereted an older .net app that is using the Ajax toolkit. The code works fine on the server, but I'm unable to get it working locally in debug. This issue is not easy to explain so please bare with me as I make an attempt.
I've got a partial class that we'll just call ProjectEditor. The class has a namespace. Inside the class is an ajax method defined as (it's written in VB.NET):
<Ajax.AjaxMethod()> Public Function MyMethod()
"ProjectEditor" is undefined.
I have installed the AjaxToolkit 1.0 on my local machine and I can see the toolkit components in the Visual Studio Toolbox. I'm running Visual Studio 2010 on a 64 bit machine with Windows 7. I've examined the server configuration and have done my best to
match it on my local machine. I haven't been able to find many similar issues so trouble shotting this has been difficult.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Aug 16, 2013 05:59 AM|Happy Chen - MSFT|LINK
According to your description,my understanding is that you want to execute the ajax method referencing the class.Sys undefined means that you're not getting the client side files loaded on your browser.
I would suggest you to try the following Solutions:
Solution 2: If you don't have this, add this too under <assemblies>:
<add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
Solution3: If that doesn't work too, try deleting files from your "bin" folder and rebuild the solution and clear the cache of your browser.
Solution 4: Add this to your web.config:
If you need more assistance, please let me know.
Aug 27, 2013 11:13 AM|SoundBender|LINK
Thanks for the reply.
The config references you mention have already been added to the config file and unfortunately it's still not working. As I said, this works on the production and test servers, but not locally.
Aug 27, 2013 09:44 PM|galeny|LINK
hi SoundBender ,
The config references have already been added to the config file ,i assume that the issue is javscript .
Secondly,I would suggest you to try the method below is how you do it from IIS manager:
Once I made those changes, the project works without issue.
I would suggest that you read this reference below: