Last post Apr 18, 2013 08:46 AM by sukumarraju
Apr 17, 2013 02:38 PM|Chris@cssi|LINK
I have a website hosted in an ASP.net website. It is a precompiled website. The problem is that it works perfectly in development. I am changing the endpoit address and it works perfect doing that in development as well. When I deploy I get a message
that is obscure. It is the infamamous File Not Found error. I am sure it has something to relative pathing. I have looked for answers everywhere and have not found any. I have a sample project that reproduces the problem. I am hoping somone has some good
ideas. I have the IIS server configured correctly etc.
Please let me know if you would the sample.
Thanks in advance
Apr 17, 2013 03:17 PM|HostingASPNet|LINK
What file you are trying to open when receive the error? You could also check -
set default page in IIS 7.
Apr 17, 2013 03:22 PM|Chris@cssi|LINK
I can send you the sample, the default page is correct. It works in development just not deployed. It has been driving my bat crap crazy for two days.
Apr 17, 2013 04:04 PM|Chris@cssi|LINK
Even if I deploy it to my local machine it fails. It only works in development.
Apr 17, 2013 04:23 PM|Chris@cssi|LINK
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I am fit to be tied right now.......
Apr 17, 2013 04:36 PM|kushalrdalal|LINK
Can you post your file here so somebody can help -
Also create a sample project and put it in skydrive and post the link here.
Apr 18, 2013 06:19 AM|Chris@cssi|LINK
There is no way to post the solution here I would have to email it to you. Thanks
Apr 18, 2013 07:56 AM|sukumarraju|LINK
If it is SOAP service, navigate to the virutal directory and open the .svc file as shown above.
POST your Web.config by decoding secure info. Also elaborate how the service has been hosted.
Apr 18, 2013 08:18 AM|Chris@cssi|LINK
It is hosted in a precompiled website. I have a svc file and the dll is in the bin folder. I have check just about everything. As I have mentioned before it run in development perfectly. The file is on the webserver it just give me some standard error.
System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound. ---> and about 80 more lines that mean nothing in the end.
This service is just a masic service that returns three values. It was not difficult to even create very simple. The deployment as been the issue :) I wish there was a way to post a sample project that way I could show you very easily.
Apr 18, 2013 08:35 AM|Chris@cssi|LINK
Problem is solved.........
It was an IIS configuration problem I didn't have the WCF Http activation installed.
Thanks for the help
Apr 18, 2013 08:46 AM|sukumarraju|LINK
Note that enabling tracing for WCF logs all exceptions to log file to troubleshoot the issue.
All it requires is copying the configuration to Service Web.config and using SVC Trace viewer tool to open the log file. SVC trace viewer can be accessed at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin on Windows 2008
//Traces can be utilised for trouble shooting. Add below in WCF service configuration and open this trace //file using WCF Trace Viewer.
switchValue="Information, ActivityTracing, Error">