Last post Aug 09, 2013 04:21 PM by joeller
Feb 20, 2013 03:38 PM|tom_uni|LINK
Currently trying to use the report viewer tool but keep getting an error
"An error occurred during local report processing. The report definition for report 'Report1' has not been specified. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Checked the report properties that the build action is; embeded Resource.
Using Visual Studio 2012 with an SQL database.
Any help would be great
Feb 20, 2013 04:55 PM|N_EvilScott|LINK
Make sure you are assigning the report propertly. It should look like this since you are compiling it into an embedded resource:
// Assuming you called your project in VS 2012 MyCoolProject
ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = MyCoolProject.Report1.rdlc
Feb 21, 2013 01:07 PM|tom_uni|LINK
Where about would that go? In the asp page or in the c# page
Feb 21, 2013 01:46 PM|mickymouse|LINK
I've also been getting the same error message when debugging the site, however, I've checked the report is embedded correctly and I'm still receiving the same error message.
Any help is much appreciated.
Feb 24, 2013 01:05 PM|mickymouse|LINK
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
Aug 09, 2013 04:21 PM|joeller|LINK
I am having a similar issue. I was able to set the report in the smarttag. The report has the reference to the dataset saved in it. So I guess that is why the Choose datasource box showed up empty, as did the dataspurce instances. However, the first
run of the report gave me an error reporting:
A data source instance has not been supplied for the data source
so I tried to do it in the page_load by doing the below.
this.rvCodCost.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Local; this.rvCodCost.LocalReport.ReportPath = "Reports/DodIC_Expiration_Report.rdlc"; ReportDataSource rds = new ReportDataSource("ReportDataSet", ReportDataSet.DataTable1DataTable); this.rvCodCost.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(rds);
However this resulted in the error:
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportDataSource.ReportDataSource(string, System.Collections.IEnumerable)' and 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportDataSource.ReportDataSource(string,
So I commented out this code and I tried clicking rebind datasource several time then running the app. I now got the error,
"The report definition for report 'RptXXX' has not been specified."
It seems like this should be so simple yet I've been working on this one 8 line web page all day and have still not been able to show a report in the report viewer.