Last post Mar 29, 2017 11:10 AM by iva_doycheva
Aug 29, 2012 09:43 AM|skirby55|LINK
I have a web application built in VS 2010. When I try to publish it to a file location with VS 2012, I get the error "The target GatherAllFilesToPublish does not exist". I read the other similar thread, but it for VS 2010. Does anyone know why this
is happening and what to do about it?
Aug 29, 2012 09:47 AM|vinay13mar|LINK
plz check the solution
Aug 29, 2012 10:07 AM|skirby55|LINK
Thanks for the response. I have tried those solutions. None of them worked; or they don't apply. I don't have Azure or Microsoft Web Publish installed. Additional note, if I build a new Web Application with VS 2012, there is no problem on the Publish
to file location; only when a web application developed with VS 2010 is opened with VS 2012, then attempt to Publish using VS 2012. I have repaired the VS 2012 installation. Any other ideas?
Aug 29, 2012 04:55 PM|skirby55|LINK
referencing a post at http://sedodream.com/default.aspx in the blog published on Aug. 19, 2012, changed my .csproj file as suggested. I received an "Invalid characters in XML". Then I changed the original
as GatherAllFilesToPublish is defined in the second .targets file. When I reloaded the application in VS2012, the correct changes described in the sedodream.com site were automagically implemented in a slightly
different form. It appears the correct changes were not implemented the first time I opened the VS2010 project in VS2012.
Feb 07, 2014 03:23 AM|dilanh|LINK
I fixed the issue by doing following modifications to the Project file. have VS 2012 and the web application was MVC 4
1. Unload the project and start editing the csproj file.
2. Added following lines.
<VisualStudioVersion Condition="'$(VisualStudioVersion)' == ''">10.0</VisualStudioVersion>
<VSToolsPath Condition="'$(VSToolsPath)' == ''">$(MSBuildExtensionsPath32)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v$(VisualStudioVersion)</VSToolsPath>
3. Added following lines.(Note that some of the Import statments may already exisits. In such case you do not need to add them.
<Import Project="$(MSBuildBinPath)\Microsoft.CSharp.targets" />
<Import Project="$(VSToolsPath)\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" Condition="'$(VSToolsPath)' != ''" />
<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath32)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" Condition="false" />
Aug 19, 2014 06:14 AM|Yan Saladukha|LINK
Thank You, it works!
Mar 29, 2017 11:10 AM|iva_doycheva|LINK
That solved my problem, thanks!