Last post May 16, 2012 12:29 AM by dotnetnerd
May 15, 2012 04:21 AM|mou_inn|LINK
i am beginner for WCF technology. so i create a simple wcf service hello application. it is working fine in my own network but when i host it one another machine out of my network then my wcf client is not being able to connect wcf service. i host my wcf
on a machine which has static IP but still no luck. i search google and came to know that i need to forward port from that machine router but unfortunately i have no access to the router of that machine. so please tell me how to handle this situation. tell
me what is short cut way as a result my client wcf can connect wcf server apps.
i am familiar with web service. when we host web service in remote machine then we can connect web service from any remote machine. this kind of port forwarding problem was not there.
1) i host my wcf service in windows application on remote machine.windows application is running along with wcf service but client not being able to connect it.
if i host wcf service in IIS of remote machine then also do i need to forward port on remote machine?
my concept is not clear regarding wcf hosting. so please tell me when i need to forward port for wcf service.
2) do i need to forward port when i host wcf service in win application or win service?
3) do i need to forward port also when i host wcf service in IIS?
4) is there any way that when wcf service run on remote machine first time then routine will be called from my win application which will forward port programmatically.
please discuss my all points in detail. thanks
May 16, 2012 12:29 AM|dotnetnerd|LINK
The point that you need to check:
1. Please make sure that your hosting provider support WCF services
2. Please make sure that you have uploaded your files to your root folder properly
3. If there is an error message, please post here or you can contact your hosting provider first. If they cant solve it, then please paste your problem here.
Good luck and hope it helps