Last post May 10, 2012 12:48 PM by bbcompent1
May 10, 2012 12:24 PM|ccrookston|LINK
Somehow, and I don't know how, I messed up my tool box and it is now empty. The only option is General, and that one says "There are no usable controls in this group."
I have Googled the snot out of this and seen lots of people with the same problem (since v2005) and very few solutions. I have tried everything that I have seen suggested and nothing has worked. Here's what I've done:
1) Closed all instances of VS, went to: C:\Users\Casey\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0, and deleted thesde files:
2) In VS command promt:
3) In VS: Tools > Choose toolbox Items > .NET Framework Components > Reset
4) In the toolbox tab, right clicked and selected "Reset Toolbox"
5) In the toolbox tab, right clicked and selected "Show All". This shows a long list of tool options, but in every case they are greyed out and not usable.
6) Cast a few well chosen hexes and spells at Microsoft
None of these have worked. For as many posts as there are out there on this issue, I would think someone on the VS team at MS would catch a hint. Honestly, I would just uninstall and re-install, but I no longer have accesss to the install CD's or registraton
Anyone have any ideas?
(A couple more things to note: I have a web app project open, I have looked at the toolbox while viewing many different file types, I have created new project to see if the tools would be restored.... nothing has worked.)
May 10, 2012 12:46 PM|bbcompent1|LINK
and obviously this is happening in open ASPX files correct? Just want to rule out the most obvious suspect first :)
May 10, 2012 12:48 PM|bbcompent1|LINK
There is a way to get all your items back (again you may have already done this but bear with me). Right click in the area where there is the toolbox and click Choose Items. Wait a bit and then select the web form options you're looking for.