Last post Apr 05, 2012 02:23 PM by Sleeping Dragoon_jtbesar
Apr 05, 2012 12:50 PM|Sleeping Dragoon_jtbesar|LINK
GOoD day, Everyone.
1. I launched my Site using Visual Studio;
2. The message is, 'The site...is currently configured for use with a newer version of ASP.NET (4.0). This project is targeting ASP.NET 2.0; if not configured some features may make incorrect assumptions, and pages designed with the tool may not render correctly.
Would you like the site to be configured for use with ASP.NET 2.0?'. i CLICKED NO;
3. The site opened in 'Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for Web;
4. I opened the folder in VS 11 but the site just opened was not there, but in the 'VS 2010 folder;
5. I opened the site again from that folder with VS 11 Express Beta but now it failed; and,
6. I tried Microsoft Visual Studio Version Selector but it still failed to open.
Any suggestion/s are appreciated. Thanks in advance...
Apr 05, 2012 01:20 PM|bbcompent1|LINK
What you'll need to do is find the location of your files and then create a new project under VS 2010. Then add the existing items from that folder into the newly created solution. You can repeat that process in VS 2011 Express Beta.
Apr 05, 2012 02:00 PM|Sleeping Dragoon_jtbesar|LINK
I do not know if i have VS 2010. I know that VS 11 Beta is the one i installed. I wonder why there is VS 2010 in my Docs. I guess it is because of WebMatrix. So, i cannot create a project using VS 2010 unless i will install one. Do i need to install VS2010?
Apr 05, 2012 02:02 PM|bbcompent1|LINK
Well, if you have web matrix then that is where the 2010 folder is from most possibly. My web matrix methods are a little rusty but what you do is import all the pages and stuff into a new site in web matrix. The specifics I'm a little unsure of though.
Apr 05, 2012 02:23 PM|Sleeping Dragoon_jtbesar|LINK
That site is the creation of WebMatrix. I clicked the VS tab and that's it...