Last post Feb 08, 2012 02:50 PM by N_EvilScott
Feb 08, 2012 07:53 AM|mou_inn|LINK
i have couple of question of SSRS. those are ...
1) what is tablix?
2) how to force a textbox data will come always in page header for every page?
3) how to show page total?
4) how to sort column at runtime
5) how to do custom paging like that my report will always fetch 10 records per page out of thousand and when user click on next button then other 10 record will be fetch.
please discuss in detail.
Feb 08, 2012 09:23 AM|Gindy39|LINK
http://ssrstips.blogspot.com/2009/07/tablix-data-region-in-ssrs.html I don't know much about tablix but this link might help
2) I'm not sure what you mean, but if you have something in the header section of the report it should appear on everypage as well as the footer, regardless if its a textbox, image , ect...
3) make a textbox on header or footer with the following:
="Page " & Globals!PageNumber & " of " & Globals!TotalPages
It should show you #pages of # pages, if this is what you are looking for
4 and 5 will get to it later if I can post a solution
hope this helps
Feb 08, 2012 02:50 PM|N_EvilScott|LINK
1) in ReportViewer 2010 the Table and Matrix was merged to form the Tablix. It provides better functionality and easier management. It's just both controls wrapped into one. You can find excellent info on it here:
2) You simply need to create something that actually HAS a header such as the Tablix control and on the Properties tab you will see an option that says "Repeat Header on each page" or something a long those lines, very easy.
3) In the report designer right click on the textbox you want to display the page total, and click Expression, when the box comes up for you to write an expression click on Built-in Fields, and inside you will find PageNumber and TotalPages.
4) Sort your data ahead of time that you are injecting into the LocalReport datasource object, that is the best way. LINQ is better to do this before you run the report.
5) Very difficult to do. SQL Server 2008+ has built in On-Demand processing that will execute only the necessary data components
IF you are using muliple datasets. Otherwise if you use just one, it will execute it as a normal report. Some people work around this by manipulating the report with DrillThrough