Last post Sep 06, 2014 10:23 PM by JOSEARTUROPITTI
Jan 14, 2012 03:27 PM|Scott Nation|LINK
I recently tested some changes I made to a ReportViewer in Internet Explorer 9 and it appeared good, took up the whole width of the page as I wanted.
When I uploaded it to the production server and tested it there, the text was squashed to the left half of the page, with the columns being too narrow. After trying a lot of things and not finding any info on the Internet, I discovered the solution.
Solution: I switched to Compatibility View in my browser (Tools menu in IE 9, select Compatibility View), and refreshed the report, it again looked normal.
IE Compatibility View
Jan 15, 2012 10:16 AM|mbanavige|LINK
When you first tested and it appeared to look good, ie may have automagically switched into compatibility mode. it does this if it thinks the site is an intrAnet site. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3726357/why-does-ie9-switch-to-compatibility-mode-on-my-website.
Then later when you published to production, ie may have stopped detecting the site as intrAnet.
A shortcoming of manually switching your own browser into compatibility view to correct the rendering issue is that all your other users will need to do the same thing to get a proper display. You might try forcing the mode by implementing the meta tag : X-UA-Compatible
I'd consider this more of a short term stop-gap solution though and i'd look for a way to get things rendering correctly without
the need to adjust compatbility settings.
Jan 24, 2012 09:11 PM|Scott Nation|LINK
Thanks for the info. I used the info in the msdn article you mentioned and now the ReportViewer displays as it should. What I did was add the following line in the head of the web page:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />
Eventually I'll switch to ReportViewer 10 from 9 to see if that works better, but until I do this seems to work.
Feb 02, 2012 12:30 PM|frank_00001|LINK
Don't bother. I've got a VS2010 project using the Version 10 Report Viewer and it doesn't display the report in IE8 without compatibility mode turned on; though the user could still export the report, they just couldn't see it with in the viewer.
I just added this in the web.config...
Sep 06, 2014 10:23 PM|JOSEARTUROPITTI|LINK
for me the problem was solved, change mode compatibility iexplorer