Last post Dec 16, 2011 12:40 AM by Srikanth Kasturi
Dec 15, 2011 02:09 AM|mrkk|LINK
I have deployed the asp.net application in IIS and trying to connect to SSRS server reports which are deployed in different machine. Then I am getting 401: unathorized error. I feel that this is user permission issue. Please help me to configure user permissions
to fix the issue.
Thanks in advance.
Dec 16, 2011 12:40 AM|Srikanth Kasturi|LINK
Are you passing the report server credentials in your code ? If not, please pass those credentials for getting over this issue.
Please check this blog on how to do it : http://srikanthkasturi.webs.com/apps/blog/show/8662369-ssrs-reports-with-net
Another possible reason on why this error props up is you dont have a user configured in the report server.
Steps to configure a user in report server :
- Open IE ( Run as administrator if you are using windows 7 )
- Type in your Reportserver ip as http://<YOUR SERVER IP>/Reports
- You will be able to see the Site Settings on the right top of the screen.
- Under site settings navigate to Security Tab
- Click on New Role Assignment and add the username there. Give him access to everything.