Last post Feb 27, 2012 02:09 AM by Sam Johns
Dec 01, 2011 06:47 PM|sriveera|LINK
I am begginner to .Net development. I want to install .Net framework4 on my windows 7(64bit) machine.
I undersand that, by installing Visual Studio SP1 Pack for VS and VWD through web platform installer, will get me all the required components.(Visual Web Developer Express 2010 Service Pack 1 ,MVC 3, IIS 7.5 Express, SQL Server Compact 4.0 with tooling,
and Web Deploy 2.0).
I have few questions regarding this.
1. Does the SQL Server Compact 4.0 have management studio so that i can create database and database objects through it? Do i need to install it seperately?
2. Do i need to have seperate SQL server installation? If so, which one?
Please explain me clearly..
Thanks in advance,
Dec 01, 2011 11:28 PM|Anindita.Basak|LINK
You are perfect to visualize that installing VS 2010 in your x64 system will fulfill all the requirements of installation of .net framework 4 .
1. SQL Server Compact 4.0 does not have a seperate Management studio , it's the SQL CE edition of SQL Server. So you need to install either SQL Server Management Studio seperately or go for any download of SQL Server Express / SQL Server express for Advanced
series which will contain SQL Server Compact too.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3743 for SQL Server 2008 R2 Express
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22985 for SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Studio Express.
If you would like to install Express with advanced series
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=25174 which includes SSMS itself as well as SSRS , Full Text Search such features.
Let me know if you have any queries...
Dec 01, 2011 11:39 PM|Mastan Oli|LINK
1) I dont think so you will get Management Studio while install VS2010.
2) You can install any version of SQL Server.
pls look before install
Dec 02, 2011 06:55 AM|necro_mancer|LINK
SQL Management Studio tool comes with SQL Server Standard version or above. Please refer to Microsoft website at
Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps!
Dec 07, 2011 07:02 PM|kctt|LINK
You can install MSSQL 2008 R2 express and Management studio express tool to manage mssql database.
They are all free, can be installed from WPI. You can also download from Microsoft website and install manually.
Feb 27, 2012 02:09 AM|Sam Johns|LINK
YOu won't required to install sql server management studio.
You can handle it with inbuilt sql server comapct edition.