Last post Feb 24, 2012 02:01 AM by Sam Johns
Nov 19, 2011 10:42 PM|webpeon|LINK
reformatted my PC and went to go and reinstall VWD 2010 most of which was done succesfully, however after installation I had a whole heap of failed installation errors...
decided to pack it in for the night and deal with them today but now I have no clue which items failed to install, is there anyway to get or find that list, or even better can i just reinstall VWD and have the installation process find the un-installed files.?
Nov 20, 2011 11:20 PM|kctt|LINK
Do you install VWD from Web Platform installer or use VWD install file downloaded from Microsoft?
Provide details of error so we can give you better advice.
Nov 21, 2011 12:52 AM|webpeon|LINK
Installed it using the Web Platform Installer...
I dont recall the files that failed to install, this is what im needing to find out... does it log somewhere after installation or can i just reinstall and it'll fix it...
Nov 25, 2011 01:25 AM|kctt|LINK
Usually there is message at beginning or end of install process tell you location of install log file.
Nov 25, 2011 02:25 AM|Deepakeffectlabs|LINK
You need to follow some step. which i am given here.
Firstly, please try MsiInv tool to check whether VS2010 Beta 1 has been successfully removed?
If any components are not removed, you can try MsiInv tool or Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to clear it.
For more information, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Then please try to download the offline installer of VS2010 Express products?
Please check: http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-All.
For the ISO installer, you might try the following points to install VS2010:
- Make sure, to disable the Anti-Virus software during installation
- For the ISO image, either:
- Extract the ISO image, to your local computer, by using the 3rd-party tools like ISOBuster or WinZip and run the installation from the extracted file on the harddrive/harddisk
- Mount the ISO image to a virtual CD drive, using another 3rd party tool something like MSVCD, Daemon tools, and run the installation from here.
If the problem still exists, could you please follow the following steps to collect the log files?
- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
- Install VWD2010
- Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
- Send vslogs.cab file to me (email@example.com)
Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.
Hope this helps!
Feb 24, 2012 02:01 AM|Sam Johns|LINK
It's better to go with offline installer than Web Platform Installer.