Last post Sep 21, 2011 07:35 AM by eloquera
Sep 21, 2011 07:35 AM|eloquera|LINK
Eloquera DB 4 has been released.
Eloquera Database is an object database for .NET environments. It has several unique features which make it highly attractive to enterprise and desktop application developers.
In practical experience, Eloquera provides development times approximately half of the current, combined with production performance gains that can be orders of magnitude better, increasing as the complexity of the DB structure.
Eloquera 4 release notes
1) Stored Procedures
From version 4.0 Eloquera DB supports stored procedures – or better to call them “stored methods”? The notion of the stored procedures (SP) is well-known to those with experience in the relational databases: SPs are blocks of code, which can be invoked on
the database side, usually to perform multiple data operations or to validate input data against existing data.
2) From version 4.1 Eloquera supports native type evolution.
Eloquera.config contains TypeUpdateAllowed tag that determines whether type changes shall be auto detected and applied.
If TypeUpdateAllowed is turned on, while storing a new object, database will auto-detect
• Changes in field’s type. Already stored objects' fields will be converted to a new type.
• Newly added fields. Old objects will be converted to a new type, with new fields assigned a default value.
• Removed fields.
A function to rename type is also available
3) Corrupted database recovery
With version 4.0 a corrupted database recovery mechanism is added.
4) New ways to optimize database performance
5) Store speed increased 2-4 times
6) Database can work without explicit configuration.
Database will auto-detect path and create database in the same folder with server executable file if no path is specified programmatically.