Last post Sep 20, 2011 04:07 AM by shabirhakim1
Sep 19, 2011 08:22 AM|kmalak|LINK
I am to create a Web app to do the following:
1. defining user authorization
2. starting SQL Server jobs
3. browsing SQL Server jobs' results (coming from database tables)
4. editing SQL Server reference tables
I need your advise on the following:
1. What version of ASP.NET to use?
2. What approach/framework to use knowing that I am an experience database designer/developer but not really experience ASP.NET designer/developer? I would like to work with a standard framework doing for me all the database access work.
3. What interface should I consider for the above actions? What I mean here is what type of controls should I use to present a nice modern interface?
Need more info just let me know.
I appreciate all your comments. Thanks
Sep 19, 2011 01:34 PM|shabirhakim1|LINK
If You could just give me clue about type of application you are going to develop.I might give you better sugesstion.
Anyways,You can choose .Net Framework 4 with MVC/Silverlight Controls because It is recomended and truely provides best features .
Sep 20, 2011 03:09 AM|kmalak|LINK
The purpose of the app is:
1. start SQL Server jobs
have some indication that it is started/running/stopped
2. browse contant of a database table
displaying via a sort grid/data list
3. edit content of a database table
users/AD groups should (not) have access to the pages
and all this with as little as possible coding for database access, just standard solutions, no 3rd parties. Thanks.
Sep 20, 2011 04:07 AM|shabirhakim1|LINK
As per requirement;It seems you need full fleged Form Based Even Model and WenForm Control Support.Better to go for Asp.net4.0 and SilverLight . Apart playing with Database Objects you have full fleged support of SMO object model in .Net Framework 4.0