Last post Aug 30, 2011 02:44 AM by Nishantg
Aug 29, 2011 09:11 AM|MyronCope|LINK
using report builder 2.0 and vb.net 2005
I have a report where I want it to do the following:
1. have user enter order number
2. have user select dropdownlist input that will tell report to read from a file
To read from a file I have an assembly that will do this and I will reference this assembly from the report.
When the user selects "single" then he will need to enter an order number in a textbox.
however when a user selects "multiple" and then clicks the GO button this will mean that the query returning data will look to the result from the assembly function which will return several order numbers that will be used in the query.
the problem that I see about this is order of operations. How do I make certain that the several orders are returned from the assembly before the user clicks the GO button.
Is it possible to have the assembly function called when the user selects the input parameter "Multiple"?
Aug 30, 2011 02:44 AM|Nishantg|LINK
Do like the following.
1. Assign default value to the second parameter (your textbox parameter).
2. Write embeded code in your Report.
3. Call your assembly to find all your ordernumber in the format which your query can understand (or may be you can parse the value while making query for the main dataset)
4. Assign default value using the function you created in your embeded code.
Let me know if you have any doubt.