Last post Jul 21, 2011 11:37 AM by sbwalker
Jul 21, 2011 11:37 AM|sbwalker|LINK
I am really proud to announce that we released the next generation version of the DotNetNuke platform yesterday - version 6!
A few of the significant new features in DotNetNuke 6 include:
- 100% core framework source code translation from VB to C#
- user interface / user experience overhaul to utilize modern, contemporary techniques ( ie. modal popups, jQuery UI tabs and accordians, light-weight and compliant HTML output, optimized CSS, mega-menus, etc... )
- wrappers for all Telerik RAD Controls for ASP.NET ( which we ship as an OEM component suite ) which provides a more productive development experience
- extensible folder provider which allows native folder/file integration with off-site ( ie. cloud ) storage providers. The Professional Edition includes an Amazon S3 and Windows Azure Storage provider.
- integrated Extensions Catalog which exposes the ecosystem of thousands of third party extensions ( both commercial and open source ) through a rich dashboard within the application, and provides a seamless workflow in terms of the deployment of these extensions
to your website
- deployable to Windows Azure. We have upgraded our database installation scripts so the application now installs seamlessly on SQL Azure and there is an Accelerator project which provides a simple wizard for deployment.
For the full announcement, please read the following blog:
And to download the free, open source, full featured DotNetNuke Community Edition: