Last post Jul 19, 2011 07:32 PM by L.A.M.
Jul 19, 2011 07:12 PM|L.A.M.|LINK
Im running IIS 7 in W7 64bit and so far I only needed to use some Access.mdb files so the application pool was set to "Enable 32Bit". Now for some new projects I need to use Access.accdb (ODBC or Jet OLE) that only runs with 64bit.
Is it possible to set App pool to 32bit to the projects that work with mdb and Jet OLE 4.0 and 64Bits to the new ones that use mdb/accdb with ODBC and Jet OLE 12? I mean, is it possible to have both versions running specifying which version each website
Can anyone please help with this issue. I would like to use accdb database in these new projects without having to compromise older projects or rewrite any code.
Thanks in advance.
Jul 19, 2011 07:32 PM|L.A.M.|LINK
(Sorry, this is a reply to myself and for anyone who might have the same doubt
Yes it is possible.
1. Under the IIS management console select "Application Pools" on the left.
2. Then, on the right column click "Add Application Pool".
3. In the new app pool dialogue just select a new name for the app pool and a version of .NET framework. Click OK.
4. Edit the Advanced settings of this new App pool and enable or disable the 32bits.
5. In the left column select the app web that needs to use this specific App pool and click "Advanced Settings" in the right column (or simply right click on the web app listed and select "Manage Application" > "Advanced Settings..."
6. In the settings window that pops just set the "Application Pool" to the new you have created.
Its not that hard I just assumed that it wouldn't be that easy.