Last post Jan 18, 2011 06:39 AM by asplearning
Jan 13, 2011 03:15 AM|asplearning|LINK
Hello everyone. First I would like to apologize for posting this topic cause I know there have been thread about it. I have seen some and been trying to digest the code with little luck. So I decided to come back to this forum and ask for your help.
First, I found some sites talking about sending email using CreateUserWizard, but I don't really understand how this can be done. So here are my questions:
1. Is it possible to send the email without using CreateUserWizard? If yes, please kindly show me how?
2. What are the steps to automatically send the activation email such as setting up in web configue file or code behind?
3. Who is the sender of the email? Do I have to set up an email address as a sender to send the email?
I am very sorry if my questions don't make sense to some of you. I am still beginner and I hope you won't mind that.
Thank you very much.
Jan 13, 2011 03:45 AM|itsmemuthu|LINK
Jan 13, 2011 03:53 AM|smirnov|LINK
What does "activation" mean? If this is a "welcome" message, you just need to send an email to desired address. If this is a part of validation process, where you want to check if entered email is valid, then you would need to perform following
1) register user data in your database, make new account invalid and create a key to validate
2) create a page where user either can enter key manually in the text box or using its query string check.aspx?key=123456
3) send email with url to that page
4) check entered key and activate user if key is valid
Jan 13, 2011 03:54 AM|stanly|LINK
Jan 18, 2011 06:39 AM|asplearning|LINK
Thanks for all the reply. Very useful. :)