Last post Dec 15, 2010 09:14 PM by necro_mancer
Dec 13, 2010 05:44 AM|vinayak.v|LINK
hi... to all
i've two system one's domain name is sam and my domain name is ram..
i've deployed my reports in ram system i'e in my system URL (http://ram/reports)
it prompt for user name and password.. and i'll give windows crediantial which works fine..
now when i enter the same URL in sam's system it will again prompt for user name
and password if i give my windows crediantial then it work.. but if i give his crediantial the following
error is displayed " (The permissions granted to user 'domain\user' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)"...
now how to create his user name that is sam and password ..?
when i try to create a new role assignment by giving [domainname\sam] then [rsunknown] error is displayed..
and i have tried to create a new user account in my system only..
and when i create a new role it has created without any error..
but when i run the URL (http://ram/reports) prompts for uname and pwd if i enter sam and pwd
again the same error is displayed...
please help me..
Reporting Services 2008
Dec 15, 2010 06:54 AM|You-Hu Fu|LINK
Please type in the report server's URL not report manager's URL, just like below:
Default instance URL: http://<servername>/reportserver
Named instance URL:
Dec 15, 2010 09:14 PM|necro_mancer|LINK
I believe that you did not setup your SSRS properly. You have this problem simply because the server does not recognise you yet. Things to do:
1. Go to Computer Management and create 1 user. You obviously can set a password for this user
2. Please access your SSRS on your server (if you have an access to it)
3. Please create an SSRS folder and name it something, such as "Vinayak_Report"
4. On the SSRS section, top right hand corner, you should see "Site Settings". Click on it and please go to the "Permission" section. Add the user that you had just added on the Computer Management and give appropriate permission
5. Then, Go to "Home" -> Folder Settings and add this user again
6. Lastly, click on the folder "Vinayak_Report", "Folder Settings" and add this user again.
That is all. You should not have any access problem anymore. Should you still have problems, you should consider hosting your SSRS 2008 with
asphostcentral.com. I am 100% sure they wil get rid of all the headaches you had.