Last post Nov 24, 2010 07:06 AM by swapna.anu
Nov 23, 2010 05:16 AM|swapna.anu|LINK
I am connecting to SQL server and Oracle with the below connection strings in web.config. My project needs windows authentication.
<add name="dbSQLConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=SQLDB;Initial Catalog=sql; User ID=username;Password=pswd" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
<add name="dbOracleConnString" connectionString="Data Source=ORADB;Password=pswd;User ID=username;Persist Security Info=True" providerName="System.Data.OracleClient"/>
It works in my local machine but when deployed into the server, SQL part works fine wihtout any problem but the pages using oracle doesn't open anything and shows empty page.
Please let me know whats the problem in my connection string with Oracle which is not allowing to connect to server.
Thanks in advance.
Nov 23, 2010 09:06 AM|bclaman|LINK
maybe it's not your connection string but rather the authentication of the user. From your local machine it might be using what you logged into Windows with and not what's in your web pages. Try and login to the db from the Oracle client on the server
using the username pswd.
Nov 23, 2010 09:17 AM|AnthonyDas|LINK
The connection string for oracle is fine except one thing i noticed try setting the
Persist Security Info=False instead of true
Check the following
1. check that on your remote server you have made necessary changes to the oracle tnsnames file.
2. check that whether you are able to connect to remote oracle server through PL/SQL client or any oracle client
let me know if you are still facing the issue.
Nov 24, 2010 07:06 AM|swapna.anu|LINK
There is not problem in the connection string. Its the problem with the DB i am using. When i changed the DB it works fine without any problem.