Last post Aug 24, 2010 06:50 PM by AkAlan
Aug 24, 2010 05:33 PM|AkAlan|LINK
Hi, I have an asp.net website that requires users to login using their Active Directory credentials. All users of the website have AD accounts. Some of the users are at remote locations and share a common computer login (I know this is not recommended but
it is what it is, I have no say in that). Every so often a user will log into my website and click the Remember Passwod box which causes the next person that comes along to not be prompted to log in. All users are on IE 7. I have tried having them go into
tools and deleting the cookies, saved passwords, etc but when they go to my website they are still not being prompted to log in. I have recently migrated to IIS 7 and I understand there is a way to have the user enter the site through a custom form but I have
not gotten that far yet. How can I make sure the users password is removed from IE? Thanks for any help.
Aug 24, 2010 06:40 PM|DotNet Duke|LINK
Try doing this
1. Click Start and select Run
2. In the Open field type "rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr"
3. Once the Stored Usernames and Passwords interface opens you can select any of the entries and select Properties to view the existing information
4. To remove a saved password you can select one of the entries and select Remove. A confirmation screen will appear. Click on OK and the account will be removed
5. You can add additional saved passwords as well by clicking on the Add button and entering the appropriate information
6. Repeat the steps above as needed to add, remove or edit saved passwords
7. When you are done using the interface click the Close button
Plz mark as Answered if it helps.
Aug 24, 2010 06:50 PM|AkAlan|LINK
We seem to have resolved the problem but I'm not sure now that it was a saved password issue. I'll post what worked for us in the hopes that someone else finds it usefull.
1. IE Tools Compatibility View Settings - Checked the option Display All Sites in Compatibilty View
2. IE Tools Browser Settings - Checked Always for "Check for newer versions of stored pages"
I'm not sure which setting was the one that did the trick if not both but it does seem to work now. I'll keep your suggestion in mind if it comes up again. Thanks for the post back.