Last post Aug 18, 2010 12:54 AM by razisyed
Aug 17, 2010 03:38 PM|razisyed|LINK
I'm using the following msdn article to use different languages in my web application:
I'm following the instructions step by step in VS 2010, and it creates the resource files exactly how it's supposed to.
However, when I run the program it just doesn't apply it. I don't see the different values from the resource file.
If I leave my resource file name as sample.aspx.resx, it works. But when I change it to sample.aspx.en-us.resx, it doesn't work. I'm supplying culture from the aspx page's Culter and UICulture properties. I'm being very careful in choosing the correct file
name, as that could be the issue, but it just doesn't work. I also tried changing the culture in the backend code this way:
It still doesn't work.
Problem with changing language using culture info
Aug 17, 2010 11:18 PM|ketan_al|LINK
Please refer following
hope this helps
Aug 18, 2010 12:54 AM|razisyed|LINK
Actually I figured out the problem. The mistake I made was that I had renamed the default sample.aspx.resx file. You must keep it for it to work, and add the other ".aspx.en-us.resx" file(s).