Last post Aug 20, 2010 10:58 AM by krishnada25
Aug 06, 2010 04:42 PM|krishnada25|LINK
I created a simple crystal report using visual studio 2008 (GAC INSTALLED VERSION 10.5.3700.0) . It is working fine locally. When I deploy it to the server when I click on the report I am seeing the empty report with "LOAD REPORT FAILED" Text. How can I
resolve this Issue?
I checked the GAC and made sure that Both are using the same version of Crystal reports . Can some one help me how to resolve this issue?
Aug 06, 2010 04:55 PM|rjdudley|LINK
Kris, what server version are you using? Make sure the Application Pool user has at least access to the folder where the reports are stored. Also, reports are pre-rendered in a temp folder (the path should be included in the error message). Make sure
the app pool user has modify on this folder.
Aug 06, 2010 05:12 PM|krishnada25|LINK
Thanks for the Reply. I am using the crystal reports that comes by default with vs2008. I hosted my app under default app pool identity with Network service.
How can I make sure that application pool user has access to the folder?
Lastly I am not getting any error message , I am getting an empty crystal report with
LOAD REPORT FAILED message.
Aug 06, 2010 08:40 PM|sansan|LINK
you may get that for different reasons
Make sure you are passing correct login credentials
If your report on local machine is pointing to a different environment than the version that you deployed like Development to Production, make sure
that you change the datasource of the crystal report to the production environment and do a verify database.
finally, when you open the report or write the report to a stream etc., make sure that you impersonate the user with full access to the folder temp or
some other folder where you are saving/exporting the crystal report.
Aug 12, 2010 01:24 PM|krishnada25|LINK
I checked all the things u instructed and I am still getting the same error. Any other suggestions?
Aug 12, 2010 01:26 PM|rjdudley|LINK
Do you know how to find the Application Pool user? Also, have you looked in the Application event log?
Aug 17, 2010 09:01 AM|krishnada25|LINK
When I checked the Application Pool it is using networkservice identity. SO I Gave full rights to ntworkservice account and it did n't worked for me.
IS there some thing else that I should do? Do u have any other suggestions or do I need to check the application pool user in any other way please let me know.
Aug 17, 2010 03:56 PM|rjdudley|LINK
Look in the Application Log and see if there are errors recorded there.
Also, make sure the dataset being returned from the database matches the schema from which you designed the report exactly.
Aug 18, 2010 10:10 AM|krishnada25|LINK
I don't know how to do that. Can you be little detailed?
Aug 18, 2010 10:21 AM|rjdudley|LINK
Which do you need help with--event log, or resultset schema?
Aug 18, 2010 01:57 PM|krishnada25|LINK
Now I resolved the issue partially by adding below lines
When I add the above Line to Local Mechine it is working fine and returning data.
But When I publish this code to server I am getting a screen that has
Server Name : Filled
DataBaseName : EMPTY
screen and I am unable to enter the databaseName.
When I add these 2 lines to local mechine all the crystal report with heading and date is coming up but the data from
the sql server is not appearing. Actually this is loading the report correctly but unable to get the data from the data base.
When I deploy it to the server it is acting the same way.
Do you know what should I do to resolve it? I think I am close.
Aug 20, 2010 10:58 AM|krishnada25|LINK
I got this issue resolved by doing the below steps
from the below thread
http://forums.asp.net/t/1040333.aspx I used this suggestion.
After much research and trial and error, it turns out that I inadvertently used SQL Native Client or SQLNCLI instead of SQLOLEDB in the reports that did NOT work. Switching these out without recreating the reports involved opening up the report for edit
in Visual Studio, right-clicking on the report and choose Database, then Set Database Location, expand the properties node and right click on the provider, and change it to SQLOLEDB. Follow the rest of the wizard steps to verify the change, test it (of course),
save it, then deploy it. Everything should work fine.
Along with this I added the user id also in the properties
After that I was getting Unable to open a data set. execute permision failed for 'sp_test' etc error.
to resolve this I checked the web.config <identity impersonate=true username="impersonateuser">
tag and opened the data base and added execute permissions to impersonateuser on the database