Last post Jul 16, 2010 01:24 AM by PassHours
Jul 15, 2010 11:30 PM|Suresn|LINK
Using VS 2008 and Oracle 10g
1. Added reference to website (c:\oracle\10g\bin\Oracle.DataAccess.dll)
2. Entry in webconfig.file
<add assembly="Oracle.DataAccess, Version=10.1.0.200, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89B483F429C47342"/></assemblies>
3. Dropped a gridview into the aspx page (content page)
4. In Gridview Task-->Choose DataSource: Selecte <dNew datasource>
5. Selected database as datasource type
6. Choose Your Data Connection Clicked NEw Connection
7.Under add connection it shows only Oracle Database (OracleClient)
8. When I tried to changed it, ODP.net dll is not listed (the oracleclient works)
I wanted to use ODP(DataAccess.dll) instead of oracle client.
I am not sure why it is not listed even though I added a reference.
Am I doing something wrong.
I would appreciate if someone could guide me
Jul 16, 2010 01:24 AM|PassHours|LINK
Please have a look here for some info
Hope the helps