Last post Jun 18, 2010 10:01 AM by fmarguerie
Jun 11, 2010 12:06 PM|dotnetguts|LINK
There are many asp.net web hosting companies which spends lot on advertisement and also gives you very cheaper rate, as low as $5, but when it comes to support they are simply hopeless.
Everyone can you please pass your experience with your past hosting companies and suggest any good asp.net hosting company?
Please consider following requirement factors
1) Asp.net 3.5 or 4.0 supported.
2) Url Rewriter support
3) GZip support (Dynamic through code)
4) Initial Setup support (If required)
5) SQL Server 2005 or 2008
6) Allow to access SQL Server DB using SQL Mgmt Studio
7) Environment supporting Backup and Restore of DB on my own, without involving tech support team
8) Full Text Search support
9) FTP support
10) I can able to send atleast 500 Emails daily.
11) 99.9% Up Time (No matter all web hosting say they have 99.9% Up Time, but its not true).
12) Alert Email to be sent when they do any maintenance or during downtime.
13) Hosting Price should be reasonable.
Incase you feel i am missing something please add to the list.
Can anyone suggest good webhosting company based on above factors?
Jun 11, 2010 04:41 PM|Doug - DASP|LINK
One of the places you may also want to look to get an idea about a hosting companies support is their
community forums. I would say look and see if they even have an active forum.
Jun 12, 2010 09:07 AM|HostingASPNet|LINK
My vote is for DiscountASP. They are specialized in
shared ASP.NET hosting services and have great support.
Jun 18, 2010 10:01 AM|fmarguerie|LINK
I'm very happy with
Arvixe. They offer all you need and more (although I don't know about the 500 emails daily). See
my post about it.