Home/ASP.NET Forums/General ASP.NET/Installation and Setup/Cannot download asp.net/downloads

Cannot download asp.net/downloads [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Jun 10, 2010 12:10 AM by MGBA

• MGBA

MGBA

199 Points

126 Posts

Re: Cannot download asp.net/downloads

Jun 09, 2010 12:07 PM|MGBA|LINK

If you're installing Visual Studio then you don't need to install other things seperately as they are already included in the package, ya you will need to install IIS seperately if you want to make your PC a server otherwise if you just need to make website and later on you'll publish it to webhosting service then there is no need of IIS visual studio has built in server

BTW which is your OS(Xp, Vista, 7) have you downloaded from this following site just download the complete ISO package if have slow download speed also you may need it later

http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-All

Hope that helps reply if it helps :)

Save Water...
    Save Energy...
    Save Future

Thanks
  • anusailesh

anusailesh

None

0 Points

4 Posts

Jun 09, 2010 02:34 PM|anusailesh|LINK

My OS is vista...I tried to install the package as per the installation video.. But only tools is installed..

• MGBA

MGBA

199 Points

126 Posts

Jun 10, 2010 12:10 AM|MGBA|LINK

First let me understand if you just want to install VWD Express 2010 then you can use this link to download complete package that contains VWD Express SQL Server Express and whatever you need to create a website.

If you need IIS for your use then Vista already have that just go to Control Panel-->Program & Features-->in left side you'll see 'Turn Windows Feature On or Off' then you'll see many options choose fifth option 'Internet Information Services' check it & restart when asked....

And you're getting that error most probably because you're using VWD Express edition which may not be available to this edition you'll need to upgrade your edition to use them

Options you mentioned above include in the iso package I've mentioned so you don't need to install them seperately....

Confirm me that you've installed the VWD Express till now or it is giving you error for installing that also....which tools have installed

Save Water...
    Save Energy...
    Save Future

Thanks
  • ‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›