Last post Jun 15, 2010 12:08 AM by ignatandrei
May 23, 2010 11:06 AM|elyes85|LINK
i need to get a webhosting solution, for my ASP.NET MVC 2 web application, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, with SQL Server 2005/2008...
do you know the best web hoster with the best prices ??
May 23, 2010 10:29 PM|ignatandrei|LINK
1. ASP.NET MVC hosting , .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, with SQL Server 2005/2008 = hosting for , .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, with SQL Server 2005/2008
You can bin deploy the asp.net mvc dll - and that will be all
2. I think that "best web hoster" depends on
- estimated trafic ( if you are planning the next you tube ...)
- how much you depend on application to be always up (99% up means 3 days per year accepted down, 99,9% means 8 hours - and you pay more...). See http://www.orcsweb.com/hosting/shared/
- how much you are wanting to pay for your data - how much is the size of your sql server database file in an year ? GoDaddy , that appears to be good, does not allow you a SqlServer database more than 200 MB (however, you can have as many databases you
want - see http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=9009#details)
May 24, 2010 12:58 PM|jayaic|LINK
I would recommend discountasp.net personally, as they meet everything you are looking for here, and in my opinion, really provide the best support team
May 24, 2010 04:04 PM|HostingASPNet|LINK
My vote is also for DiscountASP. They provide
ASP.NET MVC 2 Hosting and have great support.
May 25, 2010 10:07 AM|BobbyK43|LINK
There are tons, I can recommend my host [url=http://www.reliablesite.net/v3/shared.asp]reliablesite[/url]. They've been great to me, and probably the best pricing.
May 26, 2010 03:02 PM|rbishop|LINK
There is a thread that lists the most common quality recommended web hosts here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1522906.aspx
Take a look and there and you should be able to search the forums and find out what other have to say about those hosts.
May 27, 2010 03:37 AM|necro_mancer|LINK
You can take a look at
ASPHostCentral.com. Price starts from $4.49/month and it does have all the technologies you want: ASP.NET MVC 2, ASP.NET3.5 SP1 and SQL Server 2008
May 30, 2010 12:16 AM|krokonoster|LINK
Though you got many good suggestions there, I can also recommentd
Myself are a bit retarded when it come to hosting and issues related to that. Hated web host until I joined these guys.
1) There support are fast and they really got the extra mile. (For instance I once needed my app to have full trust and they did that for me in minutes, for free)
2) Affordable. And you can purchase individual items (bandwidth, email addresses, a database, etc) seperately.
3) Support nearly anything. I have subdomains running php sites, asp.net and my main site asp.net mvc 2 with .net 4... no problem
Jun 03, 2010 01:49 AM|thewebhostingdir|LINK
You can try out http://www.accuwebhosting.com/ .
They have excellent skilled support team, affordable price and support ASP.NET 3.5 SP1, SQL 2005, MVC2 ...
Jun 09, 2010 05:08 AM|Aspnetfavor|LINK
Some of the
ASP.NET MVC Hosting information could be found at here..
Wish you good luck!
asp.net mvc hosting
Jun 10, 2010 04:47 PM|wleon2007|LINK
I was ready to go for discountasp.net until i saw that i have to pay an extra $10.00 to get a quite limited SQL server database... compared that to webhost4life ( even though their tech support has gone down the drain)
Jun 14, 2010 04:45 PM|Mhoque|LINK
Not only that, they don't support MVC 2. That is why I am looking for a new hoster.
Jun 15, 2010 12:08 AM|ignatandrei|LINK
they don't support MVC 2.
If they support .NET >= 3.5 , they will support MVC 1 or 2 ( just xcopy the dll)