Last post Mar 21, 2010 11:05 PM by Vince Xu - MSFT
Mar 18, 2010 03:07 AM|cerebralkink|LINK
I would like to ask if I am doing the right thing?
Here's my concern.
I am new in web developing but little by little I was learning and I could fairly say improving
in web development, I am originally developing apps using Win Forms.
to cut the story short I am currently developing a web apps and in need of tab control,
while browsing the net I found a link where I can find samples then eventually found ASP.Net AJAX library
where there is a sample video. Pretty interesting! So what I did I download the library and follow the steps from
the documentation on how to include this library in tool box.
1. After doing that all set to use the tab container but I observe there is no tab panel included and available?
2. Every time I create a new sample web project I wasn't able to use the AJAX Control toolkit web site?
3. and every time I drag an AJAX control this what happened?
<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/WebMasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="ItemMasterDetails.aspx.cs" Inherits="NavigationPages_MasterFiles_ItemMasterDetails" Title="Untitled Page" %>
<%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="asp" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
<p class ="upd_on">
<asp:Label ID="lblDateTimeNow" runat="server" Height="16px" Width="209px"></asp:Label>
<asp:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server">
<asp:Button ID="buttonSave" Text="Save" Width="70" runat="server" OnClick="buttonSave_Click"
Font-Names="Tahoma" Font-Size="Small" CssClass="button_flat_green"/>
<asp:Button ID="buttonCancel" Text="Cancel" Width="70" CausesValidation="false" runat="server" OnClick="buttonCancel_Click" Font-Names="Tahoma" Font-Size="Small" CssClass="button_flat_red"/>
Mar 18, 2010 03:17 PM|anhphan|LINK
1. To add a Tab Panel inside a TabContainer, you need to switch to the Design view. Select the TabContainer. At the right top corner of the control, click on the smart task anchor (">") to bring up the Smart task. Click on "Add Tab Panel" link on the Smart
2. After you add the AjaxControlToolkit.dll to the Toolbox, the Toolkit controls will stay there permanently, for a new website, or after restart VS
3. The first time you drag drop an extender to a page, it will hadd a Register directive in the source.
Mar 21, 2010 11:05 PM|Vince Xu - MSFT|LINK
TabPanel is the child control of the container. You can add the specific panel in design view or source-code view. For the library, you need create it on client-side without design view support.