Last post Mar 09, 2010 04:06 AM by beneee
Mar 09, 2010 04:06 AM|beneee|LINK
The site does not work on the new host, I realise that this is due to the site having no credentials to interrogate AD, I have tried numerous rewrites to the code in an attempt to fix this based on information gathered from the web but I must be doing something
The 2003 install is fresh along with IIS, the only setting I have changed on IIS is disabling anonymous and turning on Integrated Windows Authentication
Here is some of the original code that functions fine on the 2000 DC, can someone please update the lines & put me out of my misery, I will be eternally grateful!
the first line generate this error "error '8007054b'"
Set RootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://RootDSE")
Set PeopleRoot = GetObject("LDAP://OU=People, " & RootDSE.Get("DefaultNamingContext"))
Function SearchADForUser(SearchRoot, Username)
If SearchRoot.Class = "organizationalUnit" Then
For Each obj in SearchRoot
If obj.Class = "organizationalUnit" Then
SearchADForUser = SearchADForUser(obj, Username)
If SearchADForUser <> "" Then Exit Function
If UCase(obj.Name) = ("CN=" & UCase(Username)) Then
SearchADForUser = obj.DistinguishedName