Last post Mar 09, 2010 04:24 PM by Dimacorp
Mar 08, 2010 03:02 PM|Dimacorp|LINK
I have a couple of questions on running ASP.NET app (designed for .NET 2.0) on Server 2008:
1. I see the .NET 3.5 is installed on the server. Does .NET 2.0 have to be installed too?
2. Does ASP.NET application require ISAPI module installed/enabled?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mar 08, 2010 04:58 PM|egor598|LINK
1. No you don't need to install .NET 2.0, as it's already installed. (.NET 3.5 is just extra set of libraries added to .NET 2.0)
2. You don't really need to configure anything as when .NET framework was installed it has configured everything. (To check, you need to open IIS manager, right-click on any web site and select ASP.NET tab. If you can see .NET framework 2.0 in the dropdown
list, you're all set)
Hope this helps.
Mar 08, 2010 05:08 PM|Dimacorp|LINK
Thank you for your reply.
But the problem I have in IIS 7 (Server 2008) is that there is no ASP.NET tab. There is no Properties item on the right-mouse click either. They have changed the interface big time. So I can't even find out the properties of the web site.
Mar 08, 2010 05:14 PM|egor598|LINK
Sorry I missed that one, in IIS7 you need to right-click on your web application and select "Manage Web Site > Advanced Settings" options. In the popup window the very first entry will be application pool name, if you highlight it and click on the small
button to the right, you'll get another small popup window with application pool details. There you should see your version of .NET framework.
Mar 09, 2010 04:24 PM|Dimacorp|LINK
Sorry for delay in replying. I still don't see the version of .NET in the Advanced Settings. I think maybe the ASP.NET is not properly (or not at all) installed on this Server 2008.
I connected to this Server 2008 (it is on the customer site). Here is what I see:
Program & Features Installed:
1. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Sp1
2. MSXML 4.0 SP2
3. MSXML 4.0 SP2
4. Vmware Tools
Then I looked at the Role Services:
Application Development Not Installed
ASP.NET Not Installed
.NET Extensibility Not Installed
ASP Not Installed
CGI Not Installed
ISAPI Extensions Not Installed
ISAPI Filters Not Installed.
My quetions is, do I ask the IT manager to install the above Role Services? What is confusing to me is that the Feature sections shows that .NET 3.5 is installed but the Rose Services is not.