Last post Aug 28, 2009 05:37 PM by adwei
Aug 28, 2009 05:37 PM|adwei|LINK
WestEd, a nonprofit research, development, and service agency, works with education and other communities to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. While WestEd serves the states of Arizona, California,
Nevada, and Utah as one of the nation's Regional Educational Laboratories, our agency's work extends throughout the United States and abroad. WestEd has 16 offices nationwide, from Washington and Boston to Arizona, Southern California, and its headquarters
in San Francisco.
The ASP.NET Application Developer will develop and support interactive web applications. The successful candidate will be a key member of a team that works closely with clients and staff to build capacity through our work. The successful applicant will be based
in our San Francisco office. We offer opportunities for professional development and advancement.
The major responsibilities for the position of ASP.NET Application Developer include the following:
· Develop web based solutions using the .NET framework.
· Work closely with team members to ensure overall quality and integrity of web-based interactive applications.
· Consult with clients to ascertain and define needs or problem areas, and determine the scope of investigation required to architect and develop a solution.
· Document results and outcome of solution
You will be working on fresh code for an important project, still under production. Your time will be spent working in a small team maintaining this code as well as making upgrades for new features--the system is continuing to grow.
· A strong background of web application development in a WISA environment
· Proven development experience using some combination of ASP.NET and VB.NET, XML Web Services, or C#.NET.
· Strong SQL knowledge, particularly Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server Management Studio
· Knowledge of user interface design of Web applications
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients and develop a clear understanding of their needs.
· Desire to learn new technologies as part of a multi-platform development shop
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Reliability, a professional attitude, and a willingness to do what is required in a cooperative work setting.
· Work well as part of a team as well as independently
· Experience with LINQ, particularly LINQ to SQL
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
· Database-driven Web site application development using technologies such as PHP, Perl CGI or Ruby on Rails
· Strong cross-platform HTML and CSS skills
** Application Requirement
Please provide a code sample for us to review, with an eye towards demonstrating what you feel are your strengths in development. This is a VB.NET position, so VB or C# samples will be best, but if your favorite sample is in another language, that will work
as well. If your past work is proprietary and cannot be shared, please write a short sample to demonstrate your abilities.
If your sample is online, a link to it will suffice. Otherwise, paste it after your cover letter.
We invite you to apply online at www.WestEd.org/jobs or you may send your resume, a letter of interest (specify Job No. 2999) and a list of three references to:
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Positions are open until filled.