Last post Jun 10, 2009 07:23 AM by TheWebDeveloper
May 27, 2009 09:07 AM|TheWebDeveloper|LINK
I have a web application that I have developed, and for that I have developed a login page. The web application is deployed in the IIS Server (Windows Server 2003).
For some computers (using Internet Explorer), when I click login the web page redirects to the page that needs to go, but in some computers (again using Internet Explorer) it does not redirect to the page it stays in the login page until I click refresh.
I use : response.redirect ("SecondAspPage.aspx") to redirect to the second form.
in web config I have defined cookiless state like this:
and in the IIS, I have chosen: Website content should expire immediately
May 27, 2009 01:21 PMemail@example.com|LINK
The click on the Login that doesn't work, does it reload the page or simply do nothing? And have you checked client caching?
May 27, 2009 08:35 PM|TheWebDeveloper|LINK
Thank you very much for your responce.
Yes the click on the Login, it reloads the page (it clears the login name and the password), but that is only on some client computers runing IE, otherwise with some other browsers (that I have tested with) it works perfectly.
I have tried to force the expire on the page, by using response.cache.setexpire... but even that did not work.
May 28, 2009 10:42 PM|pryanjr|LINK
I had the same issue. Check the destination Url property and also permissions. That solved my problem, hopefully it will for you too.
May 28, 2009 10:47 PM|tamilcodes|LINK
May 29, 2009 01:23 AM|TheWebDeveloper|LINK
Tamil, thank you very much.
But I have tried even that, actualy currently it was: response.redirect ("~/SecondAspPage.aspx") , and I have tried also server.transfer("SecondAspPage.aspx") but even these do not work.
Some other details of the form:
I use session variables on the application, at same time in web config i use cookiless mode (so that it will not save as cookies) and in the form load I clear the session also by calling session.clear().
What it is very strange, on my computer it works perfectly but from some client computers in our network it does not work (what it is strange even for them sometime it works some time it does not without refreshing, could it be someone is playing with some
settings in the network, and could that cause that behaviour???). I have tried from home (this is an application that it is used in our internal network but also from outside) and from three computers that I have home it works perfectly.
May 29, 2009 01:33 AM|TheWebDeveloper|LINK
What do you mean, what changes should I make, please can you be more specific. Regarding the permission everything is in one virtual directory, all the forms are within one folder with same permissions and for the rest of the forms it works.
May 29, 2009 08:37 AM|tamilcodes|LINK
You tried two differents systems, how is that scenario.
you re deployed the website on other system and tried it or,
the website is in one system, and you tried in two different system.
Y donot you set the default settings of IE in the other system.
May 29, 2009 07:28 PM|TheWebDeveloper|LINK
No the website is in one system, it is published, but when we use it in our domain we use domain name and from outside we use the website name.
I think that I have found what was the problem (I am not sure yet but I will have to see). I have installed fiddler, and then run a test, I saw that one of the images (our logo) was blocked by our ISA Server. The administrator of our network was not on his
office, I wanted to talk with him if he can assist me on this issue or I have to see and do something with the image. I believe that was causing the problem, but for that I will have to see after I go in the office on Monday.
Again, thank you very much for your support.
May 29, 2009 08:57 PM|tamilcodes|LINK
you are welcome
Jun 10, 2009 07:23 AM|TheWebDeveloper|LINK
Just to close this thread, the issue was solved, after debugging a running application (using fiddler) I have noticed that some of the images where blocked by our ISA Server (requiring authentication for them).
My advice would be to anyone that will face with a similar problem to try and debug the running application with one of debug tools like Fiddler or Network Monitor, that helped me I hope it will help to the others also.