Last post May 26, 2009 10:30 AM by tamilcodes
May 24, 2009 12:21 PM|Sanjeev.Kejriwal|LINK
I made an application in asp.net 2.0. I want to run that application just by specifying a path in the browser in local.
like through iis etc.
for that i have installed iis in my local . Please let me know how to make it run without opening through visual studio.
May 24, 2009 02:10 PM|sumitd|LINK
Refer below articles to setup website in iis server:
Once you set up ur website in IIS, you will able to put the url in browser and you will able to see the pages.
May 26, 2009 10:30 AM|tamilcodes|LINK
Create a folder (name it mysite or whatever).
in windows xp
start>programs>administrativetools>InternetInformationServices (operning IIS altertanatively you can open through CONTROL PANEL)
IN THE IIS
right click on the DEFAULT WEB SITE node,
select new>virtual directory
follow the onscreen instructions
CREATE AN ALIAS NAME FOR YOUR APPLICATION
BROWSE FOR YOUR WEBSITE FOLDER
AND THEN FINISH.
you may need to change the virtual directory created into an application to run asp.net websites
Converting Virtual Directory into an Application.
1. If you had placed your website folder in the wwwroot folder of your system then,
2. Open the IIS from the programs menu and locate the website folder, this located under the default website node.
3. Right click on this website folder and select properties.
4. This will open your website properties window.
5. Select the directory tab and click the create button in the Application Settings section. Now you can see the application name field enabled and your website converted into an application.
6. Click OK.
7. Test your website in the Internet Explorer by entering
The above procedure should be similarly for vista or windows 7
You should have .net framework 3.5 or 2.0 installed to run asp.net websites