Last post Mar 09, 2009 04:15 AM by TATWORTH
Mar 05, 2009 12:16 PM|ThotaAshok|LINK
Good afternoon All,
(1) Deployment instructions to the web server (or links from where i can get this information) for deployment of multilingual ASP.NET Web Application.
(2) Can the asp and asp.net share the same virtual directory (I mean can asp and asp.net pages in the same virtual directory) on the web server. Should i take some precautions before deployment?
(3) What i have to do with the resource files. I mean deployment instructions with the resource files. Do i have to Set the BuildAction ==> Embed resource so that they will be embedded inside the main dll or do something using resgen.exe and al.exe ?
Mar 08, 2009 12:05 PM|TATWORTH|LINK
Look at http://www.guysmithferrier.com/ and in particular at Guy Smith's book
ISBN 0321341384. The book is available online at
Safari books at http://safari.oreilly.com/0321341384
Also his presentation
Mar 08, 2009 11:23 PM|ThotaAshok|LINK
Thanks for your information, but when i created my web application i used the below one as my template (first one)
(1) " File ==> New ==> Project ==> ASP.NET Web Application " not using the below template
(2) "File ==> New ==> Web Site ==> ASP.NET Web Site"
You mean use the " Build ==> Publish MyTestWebApp " on the menu for the (1).
If i create using second one web site i can use Website ==> Copy Web Site or Build ==> Publish Web Site (I hope i am not wrong).
What happens to the bin directory? (I know there is no bin dir for projects created using Web Site template, but for ASP.NET Web Application template projects it is ). I do have RCW's (Classic VB components Converted as RCW's), Sattlite assemblies. Which
one is better option for me? Should i create a new Web Site and move all my files under Web Application to this newly created Web Site.
Where my files (compiled files, rcw's, statillite assemblies, .aspx files) go (i mean under which folder I can i find them) if i use Web Site template. I hope they go under the folder ==> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
Where my files (compiled files, rcw's, statillite assemblies, .aspx files) go if i use ASP.NET Web Application?
Sorry to ask but i really want to know which one to use.
Mar 09, 2009 04:15 AM|TATWORTH|LINK
I would go with the ASP.NET Web Application rather than web site as you can then locate the Bin directory.