Last post Jan 09, 2009 07:31 PM by ricka6
Jan 09, 2009 06:49 PM|sjnaughton|LINK
When I update date field I'm getting this error see image when I insert or update if the date output doesent by chance match the local date format.
It's there in the old DD Futures. I think it's trying to put 30/01/2009 (dd/MM/YYYY) in that put me onto it is US format (MM/dd/YYYY) this which seems to be what the calendar extender seems to output. So if you set 30th Jan 09 you get 9th of the 30th month
2009 thus the error.
I'm supprised it's not shown up before. I'm in the UK by the way [:D]
Or I may be being stupid [:$]
DD Preview 2
Ajax Calendar Extender
Jan 09, 2009 07:05 PM|sjnaughton|LINK
Sorry to do this again I think I have the answer myself, after doing a bit of digging it appears there are some globalization issues with the calendar extender.
Here's the fix for it returning the wrong format:
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
defaultCalendarExtender.Format = CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.ShortDatePattern;
TextBox1.ToolTip = Column.Description;
The line in BOLD ITALIC is the modificationm you will also have to resolve namspace for globalization . [:D]
Jan 09, 2009 07:31 PM|ricka6|LINK
Thanks Stephen - I opened a bug on this. It will be fixed in the next version.