Last post Dec 08, 2008 03:29 PM by devcalpoly
Dec 08, 2008 01:56 AM|aparnagajula|LINK
i just want to know how to install .net software in my system.i mean the procedure for installation.
.NET 3.5 Installation Problems
Dec 08, 2008 06:30 AM|mudassarkhan|LINK
To install a .net software you wil have to create a setup for your .net application.
1. Create a setup and deplyment project.
2. Add your project to be installed to it.
3. Go to View -> File System
4. Go to Application folder. Rightclick Add-> ProjectOutput (Select the EXE of your project)
5. the Dependencies will automatically be added. Add the other Required files.
6. Create 2 shortcuts for your exe. By Rightclick your Primary output in the Application folder.
7. Copy one shortcut in User's Desktop Folder and Other in User's Program Menu.
8. Build your setup project.
9. In the Debug folder you will find the installables
Dec 08, 2008 06:44 AM|pnorten462|LINK
If you are asking about the .NET framework, then you can log in the site of Microsoft, downloads partition and you can download the .net framework 2.0, or you can use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai..
. And if you are asking about the installer build in the visual studio, then: yes there is a installer package in the visual studio that allows you after building your own program to make an installer executable file for your application.
Dec 08, 2008 03:29 PM|devcalpoly|LINK
Please be more specific. What is the overall goal?
- Just installing .NET Framework?
- Trying to install Visual Studio?
- Trying to setup .NET application in IIS?