Last post Dec 01, 2008 03:20 AM by cherishnews
Nov 30, 2008 08:52 PM|cherishnews|LINK
I am using cookies and the cookies will have the possibility to store Japanese characters (and English words).
I have no problems retrieving the correct information in Japanese characters in my development workstation.
However, when I transferred the code in the server, the Japanese characters were not read correctly.
I did a search in the forum and have not yet found a solution.
I also took a look at the
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.text.encoding(VS.80).aspx encoding class, but I'm still confused by how it works. I tried a bit of the code, but it doesn't work well and gave another set of different characters.
I hope someone can provide me with some advices on this issue.
Dec 01, 2008 03:06 AM|mohi88|LINK
did you try html encoding and decoding for storing your data in the cookie!
check here too
Dec 01, 2008 03:20 AM|cherishnews|LINK
Thank you for your reply and links.
I took a look at the links. For the first link, it uses globalization in web.config which I think is good but I haven't tested it. However, unlike the cookies, my gridview in the site can display Japanese characters well.
By the way, before this post was approved, I got my solution from here
Thank you once again for the links as it suggested to me more other ways to do it.