Last post Nov 17, 2008 09:39 PM by lou
Nov 15, 2008 05:23 PM|lou|LINK
I built an application based on IBS using framework 1.1, in 2002 its working well and is currently being extended. I'm trying to get this to work on my development server, but 1.1 was not installed properly. I deleted it, but it didn't delete and now it
will not allow me to reinstall.
Nov 16, 2008 07:22 AM|ankit.sri|LINK
Try to Uninstall asp.net 1.1 from Add/Remove Components in Add/Remove Programs and then install it from there itself
Nov 16, 2008 09:45 AM|lou|LINK
I did a rebuild and it doesn't let me do an install on Framework v1.1 because it says its there, the files are there but there is no reference to it anywhere.
Nov 16, 2008 07:51 PM|lou|LINK
When I do a new install of Win 2k3 server I get two versions of the Framework, v1.0.2204 and v1.1.4322. When I put SQL Server on my server it forces me to install v2.0.50727.
Now when I use an old Version swapper, it tells me when I switch to 1.1 that 1.1 is not a proper version.
This is all Microsoft only and its with a Fresh Format and Install.
Even the MS Quickstarts refuse to recognise 1.1 install.
This is all caused by me working with recent CDs and not the original ones. If I go back to the Original CDs from 2003 everything works, however if I try to use CDs created after 2005 I cannot get a Version of 1.1 that the Microsoft software will fully
I can't reload 1.1 on top of the 1.1 because MS says its already installed. I can't remove it because its part of the operating system and not a seperate component.
I've spent more than 40 hours trying to get a working 1.1 on a IIS server using CDs created after 2005 (I had two different versions of Win2k3 server that were post 2005, neither worked. If I use pre 2005 and spend hours updating it works.
Also I tried to set up IIS on my XP so I could try it, but when I setup IIS it disabled IE, and when I reset IE it disabled IIS (did this a number of times to confirm).
MS seem hell bent on forcing people to upgrade.
Nov 17, 2008 09:39 PM|lou|LINK
The problem which I was trying to fix, was not a problem at all. The problem has been Identified;
This problem was the source of my dismay. The problem was IE not the framework, or its installation.