Last post Dec 06, 2008 11:46 AM by TATWORTH
Oct 31, 2008 12:14 PM|retroviz|LINK
Nov 01, 2008 11:40 AM|retroviz|LINK
The problem was actually with the version of FCKeditor .net I was using (2.6). Html elements entered in normal view (i.e. the code samples) were not being correctly encoded, so that when the resulting page was loaded, the browser was trying to render these
elements i.e. rendering <html> instead of <html>
I replaced my dll with the latest from the FCKeditor site (2.6.3) and now the characters are correctly encoded before being saved in my CMS. All that was left was to add a custom style for my code samples and job done (http://www.retroviz.com/CMS/a71_Adding_Custom_Styles_to_FCKeditor.aspx)
I did actually manage to get Google Syntax Highlighter working but decided against using it due to the additional overheads when rendering the page.
Dec 01, 2008 07:21 AM|psykoptic|LINK
I've written a plugin for FCKEditor that uses SyntaxHighlighter.
More information here. Always looking for feedback. [:)]
Dec 06, 2008 11:46 AM|TATWORTH|LINK
Thanks for the link - I have made a note on the FCkEditor - FileManager project at