Last post Jun 29, 2010 10:07 PM by Charles.Russell
Aug 26, 2008 04:43 AM|axurit|LINK
I deployed a consolidated architecture of HMC 4.5, and after creating a reseller organisation and a new business organisation, when I try to create a new Sharepoint Site (using the sampleprovisioningui), I got the following error message :
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Provisioning.Providers.SharePointProvider.WebService.SPAdminWS.CreateSite(String
siteUrl, String ownerLogin, String ownerEmail, String ownerName, String title, String description, Int32 lcid, String webTemplate, String hostHeaderUrl, String org) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Provisioning.Providers.SharePointProvider.WebService.SPAdminWS.CreateSite(String
siteUrl, String ownerLogin, String ownerEmail, String ownerName, String title, String description, Int32 lcid, String webTemplate, String hostHeaderUrl, String org)
Could anyone provide more informations about this error ?
Nov 24, 2008 04:10 AM|pinpin|LINK
I have got the same error. Could you manage to work around this problem?
Nov 25, 2008 04:15 AM|ddoeve|LINK
I have the same error on HMC 4, see the exchange forum... I'm starting to think it has something to do with a recent update
Nov 25, 2008 04:57 AM|ddoeve|LINK
a traceview gave me an error: Submitting a trusted request failed
Time 11/25/2008 10:53:00.514
Log Level 2
Process ID 0x9a0
Thread ID 0x994
Description CMapsProcessControllerTx::SecuredProcessRequest Failed while executing Process Request
Nov 26, 2008 02:55 AM|pinpin|LINK
I looked the traceview up and got same error. Currently we use SharePoint on
FrontEnd: Windows Server Standard 64Bit Englisch
BackEnd: Windows Server Standard 64Bit Englisch
I called the CreateCustomerSite procedure using an admin user of a customer.
As well I tried using the main hosting email@example.com. I also tried it with the customer firstname.lastname@example.org which I put to the administrators group of whole platform! But no go, same error.
hmc 4.5 mps
mps hmc 4.5
Nov 26, 2008 05:52 AM|ddoeve|LINK
Yesterday we upgraded our system to HMC 4.5 rollup 1, but still the same error... doesn't anybody know something about this? I mean 400+ views and no answers
Nov 26, 2008 07:12 AM|ddoeve|LINK
axurit and pinpin... i think i found the answer: wat are you exactly supplieing to the mps engine?
I found my error was in the <hhurl> and <site>: in <site> i used my server name i.e. ics1collab001 and in <hhurl> i used the real url for the sharepoint site i.e.
now it's working... before i had both the hhurl and site the same settings.. that was wrong
Nov 26, 2008 11:06 AM|pinpin|LINK
The <hhurl> argument is optional, so wie do not have to watch it.
The request I use is as the following one to create the above error:
<execute namespace="HostedSharePoint2007" procedure="CreateCustomerSite" impersonate="1">
<title>Test site 2</title>
<description>Testing create site</description>
<after source="executeData" destination="data" mode="merge" />
I will use the internal DNS names as soon as possible.
hmc 4.5 mps
mps hmc 4.5
Nov 27, 2008 05:35 PM|kiphup|LINK
I will look at
Make sure it is pointing to the right web applicatio name instead of IP address.
Nov 28, 2008 01:52 AM|ddoeve|LINK
I agree... that's where it went wrong for us.
Nov 28, 2008 07:16 AM|pinpin|LINK
Same to me. I am so chrappy now :-). What a strange thing!!! The error message is not helpful!
Thanks for all your replies.
I was trying to create a new site on a none existing SharePoint application as well:
So I was inputing
which did not exist as an SharePoint application. Make sure there is a SharePoint application behind! What MPS does, it creates only a SiteCollection. The tagges should be named like <sitecollection> and <subsitecollection>. Also check the HMC for propper
user rights for new SharePoint applications!
Jan 07, 2010 03:26 AM|ro78|LINK
when you create SharePoint sites using HMC, you must create them as host-named site collections (e.g. http://team1.contoso.com) instead of path-based site collections (e.g. http://myserver/sites/team1). It's a best practice to use host-named site collections
in a hosted scenario (see this
very interesting article for reference). Path-based site collections are used in intranet scenarios.
This means, you HAVE TO use the <hhurl> parameter in your xml file (although the technet documentation states, that this parameter is optional).
So a sample request should look like
Furthermore ensure, that the following settings are true:
Hope that helps,
Jun 29, 2010 10:07 PM|Charles.Russell|LINK
I had very similar errors as everyone in this post. Finally I determined that there needed to be a default Quota Template assigned within Sharepoint Administratotion to a default site collection; Specify no max or warning in the template. Once this Quoata
Template was applied then all worked well.
Then the trick was going back to revert all changes I made while searching down the problem. I was throughly convinced for a while i was a permissions thing.