Last post Jul 17, 2008 05:23 PM by cheetahtech
Jul 17, 2008 04:12 PM|cheetahtech|LINK
Need some help on this one. Two days ago I had a server admin install .Net 3.5 on my machine and now all .Net apps no longer work on the server. I need help. I am in deep water and this is what I have done after realizing this problem.
First I received a 404 2 0 Page error which after looked up could mean the ASP.NET frameworks not found.
1. Uninstalled all .Net frameworks.
2. Fresh clean install of Frameworks one by one start with 2.0 then jumping to 3.5 both being redistributable packages.
3. Restarted IIS, Application pools and still nothing
4. Ran aspnet_regiis.exe -i
5. Checked the application logs and found the following errors.
6. Searched on the internet and got very little and it doesn't look like the performance library errors would cause the app not to work and not load.
7. Found a "maybe" solution was a clean re-install of IIS. Don't really want to do this due to multiple websites on IIS.
Need help guys. I included me event logs below, hopefully someone can help.
WMI ADAP was unable to create the object Win32_PerfRawData_ASPNET_2050727_ASPNETAppsv2050727 for Performance Library ASP.NET_2.0.50727 because error 0x80041001 was returned
WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET_2.0.50727 performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0
WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Autocat\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009
WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mssindex\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009
WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSGTHRSVC\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009
WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSGatherer\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009
WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSEARCH\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009
WMI ADAP was unable to create the object Win32_PerfRawData_ASPNET_ASPNETApplications for Performance Library ASP.NET because error 0x80041001 was returned
WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0
Jul 17, 2008 05:23 PM|cheetahtech|LINK
I really hate being stupid and have wasted an entire day on stupid. I sir am Stuck on Stupid. So just in case anyone else has these errors, go into IIS>Web Extensions>Enable the ASP.NET 2.****.
Stupid is as stupid does.