Last post Aug 11, 2008 10:10 AM by Neno
Jul 17, 2008 02:33 AM|Neno|LINK
I've got a 3.5 .NET application which references a few COM dlls.
On my local maschine everything works fine, but on my production web server I got an error:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID failed due to the following error: 80040154
So, I have to register COM dlls on my web server .. I tried to register it using regsvr32 , but I got an error:
dll was loaded, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered.
Any ideas how to register it?
Jul 17, 2008 03:16 AM|vik20000in|LINK
Have a look at these posts
Jul 17, 2008 05:00 AM|Neno|LINK
I visited these links already yesterday.. I haven't tried all yet, but I doubt that it'd solve my problem..
So , further ideas and advices are welcome ![:)]
Jul 20, 2008 07:02 PM|jsiddharthj|LINK
It seems your dll has some dependency.Is it the only one dll you have to register.I guess if there are more than one before registering the one thats giving an error register the other ones.
Jul 22, 2008 09:32 AM|Neno|LINK
Thanks for answer, my boss solved the problem..
I'm going to put the solution here....
Aug 08, 2008 12:25 PM|Lorddog|LINK
I think I have a simular problem so how did you solve yours?
I am moving a server to a new server and this one dll is not registering for the same reason. On the old machine it shows up in the registry but not the assembly telling me i need to register it the old way. I also opened it in dependancy walker and it just
shows 3 system dll's are are on the system.
This dll was customized by a russian team that may be hard for me to get ahold of on how they initially registered it. Anyhow if I can get it registered then my problem is solved.
Aug 08, 2008 04:23 PM|Lorddog|LINK
ok after much searching and trying different things I got it to work. just had to run it as regasm to register it. regsvr32 didnt work and dropping it into the assembly folder did not work. my problem is it needed another dll installed via regasm (which
I saw on the old server was installed in the assembly so it threw me off).
Aug 11, 2008 10:10 AM|Neno|LINK
For me it was solved by using Setup1 of VB6 (intgral part of vb6 instalation)
Setup1 could be found in the following path : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Setup1
(for those who will read this thread in future)