Last post Jun 27, 2009 09:30 PM by Greengrass001
Mar 27, 2008 06:50 AM|roymartian|LINK
I really don't need or want price text box as with some help (thanks Dark Knight) now created a new column thats exactly as I need.
However seems very long winded to delete all references out of database and all pages relating to price.
Ideally I would like to turn visible to false and just allow nulls in database so it sits there but does nothing - is this possible? - how?
I can see this options for Adtitlelabel to make visible false but not for price text box - any ideas?
Grateful of your help,
Mar 27, 2008 12:04 PM|ashmetry|LINK
Just set the visible property on the Textbox to false.
Mar 27, 2008 03:22 PM|darkknight187|LINK
Price is a required item, so I would set the value on load to 0 and then set the textbox visible to false.
Mar 27, 2008 03:49 PM|roymartian|LINK
Thanks, where do I find "load value" for price text box?
FYI, I did already try visible = false and ticking nulls check box but still got a problem.
1. Error message "Price incoorect" think is due to "decimal requirements"
2. Also layout looks a little funny as just hidden but leaves big hole in page - any tips to adjust?
Mar 27, 2008 04:02 PM|ashmetry|LINK
I dont usually like to give advice on hacks ;) because if it was me and i was sure im not going to need it then id delete it..
But you can just
1. delete the <legend>price</legend>
2. Hide the PriceTextBox (Visible=false) (You can change its text value to 0 instead of Bind("Price") )
3.Delete or disable (Enabled=false) the validator PriceValidator that comes after it in the .aspx file
If you delete the textbox completey (I recommend that) you'll need to :
1. Go to PostAdWizard_FinishButtonClick and change Decimal price = Decimal.Parse(PriceTextBox.Text); to Decimal price = 0.0;
2. Delete the PriceValidator
3. Delete the method PriceValidator_ServerValidate
Mar 27, 2008 05:42 PM|roymartian|LINK
I hear you on hacks, not sure about having ghost text box in the background so will try second idea to delete textbox completely.
Mar 28, 2008 06:13 AM|roymartian|LINK
Great I can confirm recommended method works well!
Mar 28, 2008 06:21 AM|roymartian|LINK
Any ideas on this one aswell?
On ShowAd.aspx I would to stop showing;
but also keep the other items, any ideas?
Mar 28, 2008 07:13 AM|roymartian|LINK
Fixed, using visible = false - no worries
Jun 27, 2009 09:30 PM|Greengrass001|LINK