Last post Feb 19, 2008 07:13 AM by Ganesh@Nilgris
Feb 13, 2008 03:47 AM|J Darcy|LINK
Hi, I understand how to create a new website using the CSS Control Adapters template but how do you go about making an existing site use them? (Use CSS instead of tables)
Feb 14, 2008 06:02 PM|MikeJ83|LINK
There is no technical difference between the two. The only difference would be that you have to now go back through all of the pages you have created and update any markup\css so that your pages look good with the CSS Adapters installed. For example, if
you had this:
and it changed to this:
Feb 19, 2008 07:13 AM|Ganesh@Nilgris|LINK
1. download the sourcecode from the link.
http://www.asp.net/cssadapters/ and the install the vsi so that the necessary templates are added to vs 2005.
2. use vs2005 , create a new site using cssfriendlyadapters Templates. for more help Please look the following link
3.Open the site and Press F5 to run the local copy of the site. From this newly created site copy the following folders to your existing application where u want to install cssadapters.
4. Go to the following link and download the "cssfriendly.dll".
5. Now copy the "dll" to bin folder in your existing application.
6.Now add a web page to your existing application
7. See for the sub heading "Build a Simple Page that Can Use the Kit's Adapters" in the link
so that u can refer a stylesheet in your page and add the stylesheet to your page.
8. Now add a treeview control to your page and also a sitemap file.
9. Now modify the Pages attributes
Run the application u should be able to get the treeview
Hope it helps