Last post May 24, 2012 04:33 AM by ivanzhyla
Jan 02, 2008 04:37 AM|venkatarajana|LINK
I'm having the connection string with the attribute Unicode=True. But when i try to get the connection string from the config file, i'm getting the following error.
'unicode' is an invalid connection string attribute
Have anyone came across this issue? If i remove this attribute, it's working fine.
Any lights on this?
My connection string is:
<add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=MyDataSourceName;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=myUser;Password=myUser;Unicode=True" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" />
Jan 02, 2008 03:10 PM|jfmccarthy|LINK
I added Unicode=True to a few of my connectionstrings in test projects and they all worked fine:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 126.96.36.199.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 188.8.131.52.0 - Production
CORE 184.108.40.206.0 Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 220.127.116.11.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 18.104.22.168.0 - Production
Jan 03, 2008 03:53 AM|Shobana P.S|LINK
If Unicode is set to true when not using Oracle 9i client software to communicate with an Oracle 9i server, unpredictable results may occur.
May 24, 2012 04:33 AM|ivanzhyla|LINK
I had the same problem. Oracle.DataAccess.Client really doesn't have Unicode attibute.
This attribute belongs to System.Date.OracleClient instead.