Last post Dec 30, 2009 12:57 PM by ssg31415926
Oct 04, 2007 04:55 PM|DoctorWho|LINK
I've been working on revising this ASP.NET 2.0 app for the last couple of days. We've got Windows XP Professional PCs with SP2 installed, and we do our development on those machines. Yesterday I was working on some of the .aspx pages, saved the changes
and ran them, and everything was just fine. It worked perfectly. I authenticated against our Active Directory just fine. However, today when I tried to test it some more I got the following error message,
"Unable to establish secure connection with the server" and it highlights the
type attribute from the <providers> section of our Web.Config file. Honestly, I don't get this - why did it work fine yesterday and today it stops?
Here is a portion of our Web.Config file with the AD related information:
<add name="ADService" connectionString="LDAP://OURSERVER" />
type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
description="Default AD connection"
Oct 05, 2007 11:31 AM|DoctorWho|LINK
Well, for some reason, this is now working. I am glad, and all that, but I would REALLY like to know why it did not work yesterday and then suddenly today it starts working. I did nothing at all different. I didn't even turn off my PC
or anything. My PC was on all night, and then this morning I give it a try and bingo, it worked.
Mar 26, 2008 12:04 PM|Thelma|LINK
Am having the exact same problem. Have not changed anything. I definitely have a connection open to the AD server, I can log in remotely using the same passwords and can even log in using the AD server from another project. For some reason it just won't
connect today. I rebooted my computer but had no luck. Very strange.
Mar 15, 2009 11:03 AM|kadben|LINK
The message error "enable to establish a secure connection with the server" is due to authorization.
The solution is to add the user that execute the process in admin group and remote groupe of your active directory.
It's works for me and I hope it will work for u.
Dec 30, 2009 12:57 PM|ssg31415926|LINK
I've had the same problem. And I'd managed to lock out the account (in AD) I was using for the connectionUsername in web.config. When I used a different account, the problem went away.