Last post Sep 16, 2007 10:49 AM by darkknight187
Sep 15, 2007 07:53 AM|cra33216|LINK
My classifieds site works perfectly on my Local host (Visual Studion 2005) but after setting everything up on my hosting server , none of the pages that reference the Login.aspx page work (PostAd.aspx, showAd.aspx...) the default page works and so does the
search page. . . I don't believe it's a problem with the connection strings as my LocalHost accesses the remote databases fine, i can see any changes made Locally appear in the Databases on the server. Incase I am wrong here is my connectionstrings (minus
the server, user and password info)
<add name="aspnetConnection" connectionString="Data Source=myServerAddress;Network Library=dbmssocn;Connection Timeout=15;Packet Size=4096;Integrated Security=no;User ID=myUser;PWD=myPassword;Encrypt=no;"/>
<add name="classifiedsConnection" connectionString="Data Source=myServerAddress;Network Library=dbmssocn;Connection Timeout=15;Packet Size=4096;Integrated Security=no;User ID=myUserId;PWD=myPassword;Encrypt=no;"/>
i have tried numerous times to reload the login.aspx page but it doesn't help. Ifind this strange as it is working on my Local pc... and help will be apreciated
here is the site www.bandaralemania.zar.cc
Sep 15, 2007 10:14 PM|darkknight187|LINK
In order to see what's causing the problem you are going to need to make two changes to you web.config, keep in mind that afterwards you will need to change it back.
First change your customer errors tag to this, and the Off is case sensitive.
That one needs to be inside the system.web tags.
That will give you a lot more info as to what's causing the error.
Sep 16, 2007 06:31 AM|cra33216|LINK
Thanks, Seem to be getting there now... Am getting this error (Pasted below), when I try to login. If I comment the line25 out this error goes away but then I get another error that says it cannot find stored procedure dbo.aspnet_checkSchemaVersion
, but I have checked and it is in the database.
Line 23: Protected Sub PasswordRecovery_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles PasswordRecovery.InitLine 24: Dim s As SiteSettings = SiteSettings.GetSharedSettings()Line 25: PasswordRecovery.MailDefinition.From = s.SiteEmailFromFieldLine 26: End SubLine 27:
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Login_aspx.PasswordRecovery_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\domains\bandaralemania.zar.cc\wwwroot\Login.aspx.vb:25 System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +2117356 System.Web.UI.WebControls.PasswordRecovery.OnInit(EventArgs e) +11 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +692
Sep 16, 2007 09:21 AM|darkknight187|LINK
Getting closer, now I'm assuming that the path Source File: c:\domains\bandaralemania.zar.cc\wwwroot\Login.aspx.vb Line:
is not the path on your local computer. it looks like it's having a problem with the site email.
One suggestion the application may have loaded incorrectly, try re-uploading BLL/Ads file, or the BLL/Maintenance file.
Those two file are major componants and it will force the application to refresh itself,
(but you will need to make any small change to the file first, such as delete a couple of letters, and then type them back in.) that makes the file a newer version than what is online.
The only other thing I can think of right now is there are two referances, that I know of that establishes your site email.
1: site-config.xml (I had to move mine to another location, but I think it was originally in App_Data)
Make sure you have a from email address in there.
Sep 16, 2007 10:04 AM|cra33216|LINK
That is not a path on my local computer but on the server! thanks, ok now I am having problems connecting to the server... When I try log in I get the error message displayed below (below the connection strings)? When I set my databases up I used the aspnet_regsql.exe
and for the classifiedsdb I used the supplied .sql files in the App_data file... I assume this was the correct way to do this? Then in the web.config file I changed the reference LocalSqlServer to aspnetConnection and added the connection strings in the connectionstrings
tags, this is what the connection strings look like:
Data Source=184.108.40.206;Network Library=dbmssocn;Connection Timeout=30;Packet Size=4096;Integrated Security=no;User ID=myUser1;PWD=myPassword;Encrypt=no;"/>
Source=220.127.116.11;Network Library=dbmssocn;Connection Timeout=15;Packet Size=4096;Integrated Security=no;User ID=myUser1;PWD=myPassword;Encrypt=no;"/>
On the database server these are two separate databases and have different user names... is that a problem? I noticed that some people use a different connection string set up...
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Sep 16, 2007 10:49 AM|darkknight187|LINK
I am hosting with godaddy so yours may be different, but here's my connection string:
And as far as the membership with login, if you changed the "LocalSqlServer" it won't work. put it back.
In the web.config where it's talking about passwords and such, it points to LocalSqlServer tag name, your connection string determines that it is actually online and not local, so just put it back.
When you do get it don't forget to mark your post as answered and resolved.
I think we got it now