Last post Aug 20, 2007 07:24 AM by naturehermit
Jul 28, 2007 03:48 AM|kumaresh babu|LINK
Jul 28, 2007 04:55 AM|TATWORTH|LINK
What is your host O/S?
Is IIS on the same box or on another PC? If on another what is the O/S?
Can you open IIS Manager and see the web site?
Aug 07, 2007 07:50 AM|Ganesh@Nilgris|LINK
to uninstall (through the visual studio command prompt)
go to the directory of your dotnetframework
run the following command line:-
aspnet regiis.exe -u
and then reinstall it using:-
aspnet regiis.exe -i
Hope it helps
Aug 16, 2007 06:51 AM|kumaresh babu|LINK
Aug 16, 2007 07:00 AM|kumaresh babu|LINK
Aug 16, 2007 03:15 PM|naturehermit|LINK
This is a common problem which has a step solution here
1. Verify that IIS is running--if not start IIS by cmd prompt or through services or open IIS and right click start default site.
2. In IIS Home directory tab, see that its set to c:\inetpub\wwwroot
3. Place your solution in that directory c:\inetpub\wwwroot and now run the project.
Aug 17, 2007 10:08 AM|kumaresh babu|LINK
Aug 20, 2007 03:14 AM|Ganesh@Nilgris|LINK
try to do a clean installation.
1. install xp.
2. install iis, frontpage extensions from x.
3. run vs studio 2003 which will installs the s/w in 3 steps
a. windows components update
b. installs vs studio 2003.
c. installs msdn.
please ensure vs 2003 is correct without any corrupt files beacuse these things also might cause problems
Hope it helps
Aug 20, 2007 07:24 AM|naturehermit|LINK
Please verify that the framework is installed?
Depending on which version of IIS you are using, please also make sure that .net 1.1 is configured set to allow in web extensions.
open a command prompt and do
Please make sure that iis starts correctly without any errors,
repeat above command if you get errors.