Last post Jun 30, 2010 01:14 PM by darrelltrobinson
Mar 16, 2007 12:59 PM|pulha|LINK
After 3 weeks on these error (reading post all over the net, reading whitepapers, etc) im quite frustated so i hope anyone could give me a hand on these.
I did a little webapp for testing CR , here is my code :
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
// temp dir is my webapp space now
String TempRoot = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory;
String oldTmp = System.Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("TMP");
String oldTmp1 = System.Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("TEMP");
crReportDocument = new ReportDocument();
// load it
crReportDocument.Load(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + @"CrystalReport1.rpt");
// export it
crReportDocument.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat,AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + @"CR.pdf");
// dispose temp file
// back to original temp dirs
Now the error :
Line 31: ReportDocument crReportDocument;Line 32: crReportDocument = new ReportDocument();Line 33: crReportDocument.Load(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + @"CrystalReport1.rpt");Line 34: Line 35: crReportDocument.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat,AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + @"CR.pdf");
[COMException (0x800002ad): Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT:The request could not be submitted for background processing.] CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0 CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +87 CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +279[Exception: Load report failed.] CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +340 CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +870 CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename) +73
At my dev pc (Win xp home + VS2005 Team Edit. ) all works great, deployed on vmware xp pro all great. Well i thought so far so good.
So lets try on my web hosting provider (OS Windows 2003 Server, Aspnet , etc etc.)
Nothing works ... after some forums reading ive started asking my Hosting Provider (lets use HP) to do some things :
- Install some Crystal msi (CrystalReg2005.msi) 25mg
- Install the CRRedist2005_x86.msi 16.5mg (i supose is the same before although less stuff)
- Full permissions on my Domain / and subdomains on all kind of users that i could remember (IIS User, WPUser, ASPNET user)
- Some people said that if givin full permissions from drive root it could be an solution (as you can imagine i cant do that, server not mine, and thats quite insane)
- At some place i read that i had to put on my "aspnet_client/system_web/2_0_50727/" folder (where webapp resides) the CrystalReportWebFormViewer3 folder and its contents, and ok i did.
- Copied all crystal dlls into bin dir. (well had to remove them duplicates references and so on .... ) but was another solution given somewhere.
- Also read that these issue could have anything about iss pool system (im not a config admin so these goes far beyond my knowhow) , well ive contacted my suport on webhosting and they said :
"as can you understand we have one pool for each iis client, these is a shared server with XX websites alocated, bla bla .. "
wich i answered : " MMmmm Ok "
- So far is what i can remember.
Now you ask : "And did it work ? "
- Well No nothing worked
I even did some projects (from examples, etc) where ive embembed the report ( ClassLibrary1.CrystalReport1
crReportDocument ETC ETC )
Nothing works always same error.
- Published , Xcopyed webapp nothing works.
Webconfig about these it was so many times rebuilded and config settings altered that i forgot what already did but basicly was change / try (authentication mode, etc.)
I would apreciate if someone could help me on these.
I hope that the solution doesnt require that i have to do changes on server that need admin permissions cause as you can imagine theres no webhosting company that will allow that you get control of server or give you diferent permission from any other client.
Note : My webhost dont permit sessions (i know thats not important but now i believe in anything)
Thank you for all suport i can get here. Regards
May 18, 2010 02:08 PM|hasibul2363|LINK
I have same problem. Still waiting for solution..
Jun 29, 2010 10:07 AM|darrelltrobinson|LINK
You ever figure this out?
Jun 30, 2010 01:14 PM|darrelltrobinson|LINK
I figured out my problem!!
You need to give the user that is running the application pool READ access to c:\